Friday, August 26, 2016

European Linen Whole Cloth Quilt


Quite some time back I was thinking about making some linen towels, sheets, and a few quilts for us to use here at home. After a while I decided to buy enough fabric to make a few pieces for my online shop, Honeysuckle Lane.


I've started off with small crib quilts which could also be used for lap quilts. These are whole cloth quilts. I love the look of them and whole cloth quilts allow me to focus on machine quilting rather than piecing the quilts. I'll do that at a later date.


I love how a quilt looks once it has been washed and dried.


I used these gloves while machine quilting. I found them at Northern Tool and Equipment for only $1.99! If you need several pairs for a quilting class or group, you can get them for less than $1 a pair here.


My sister gave me these mini clips. I don't know the brand, and I'd never used them before, but they are so much easier to work with than pins. When sewing on the binding, I used to get my thread caught on the straight pins... but that hasn't happened with these clips. And for such a small size, they sure are strong!


I also use an Ott Lite lamp when doing handwork, especially when sewing on the binding.

I have slowly been listing more items in my shop, including the quilts I've recently made. Come visit and see what's available... and bring your gift list! You may find something for an upcoming birthday, anniversary, baby shower, etc.

Thanks for dropping by!
Blessings,
Lana

4 comments:

  1. Lana..these are WONDERFUL. SO very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - LOVE LOVE LOVE your quilts! They look so soft and worn. LIke they're straight from grandmother's house...the best in my opinion. Clips vs. pins - YES any day and all day. I learned that when working with leather. I'll have to check out those gloves, too. Finger savers to be sure. XOXO

    ReplyDelete