Thursday, August 11, 2016

Cautiously Excited...


I am so excited! I am going to get a new (to me) JUKI TL-2000QI sewing machine in a couple of days! I have been using a Pfaff Hobby 750 for... oh.... more than 10 years and maybe more like 15! I'll have to find my purchase receipt to know exactly how long I've had it.

I have wanted a Juki for quite some time after reading blogs of quilters who love their machine. It was always out of my price range, but after patiently watching online classifieds sites, I finally found a Juki that is nearly new, semi-local, and in my price range!

I'll keep my little Pfaff...

...just in case I need to do a few buttonholes or very simple decorative stitches, although I haven't used those more than half a dozen times in the past several years. If I'm not doing hand-stitching, I'm doing straight-stitching and that's what this Juki sewing machine is for.

Once I get my Juki set up and get acquainted with how it works, I plan on getting back to making quilts! I have 3 more to make for family, and I plan on making linen quilts to list in my Honeysuckle Lane shop. Below are some of the colors I have in stock for the linen quilts.




I'll let you know how it goes once I get it settled in. I am excited, but I do know it may take some time get used to it. So that's why I am cautiously excited... for now. :)

Do any of you have a Juki? I'd love to hear what you like / don't like about it!

Take care,
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment