Friday, March 4, 2016

Another Quilt for Jolee


After I finished my oldest son's quilt, I had a few pieced blocks and fabric scraps left over, so I made a quilt for his little girl. I've already made Jolee a quilt using pretty Cori Dantini fabrics but this one will be like her daddy's quilt. :)

I really like the black and white polka dot binding...


Because of the colors, it's something she can play on and her mommy and daddy don't have to worry as much about it getting dirty.


And I hope Jolee doesn't mind the two blocks of mustaches and men's hats. :-/


Even though my Pfaff Hobby 750 sewing machine is standard size, I managed to machine quilt it using an even feed walking foot. I opted for a wavy line design... since I figured it would be less obvious if my quilting lines were off here and there. :)

And the Aurifil quilting thread worked wonderfully! I used 2605 (Grey) 50 wt.


I love how a quilt gets that puckered look once it's been washed and dried. I think using all cotton fabric and cotton quilt batting contributes to that look. In this quilt, I used Warm and Natural batting.


In a couple more weeks I'll share photos of the next quilt... I think it will be have some blues in it... we'll see!

Take care and God bless,
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment