Saturday, April 28, 2007

Puzzle Purses for Mothers


Per request, I've decided to make a few puzzle purses for Mother's Day. Though these were most often given on Valentine's Day, they were given as expression of one's love for another ~ and who better to receive a token of your love than your own mother? If you'd like to read the history of the puzzle purse, please visit the Artwork page on my website (it's about 1/2 way down the page). There's also an article about puzzle purse valentines in Early American Life magazine (February 2007) along with photos of some that I made. The photo above shows puzzle purse valentines that I made in the past. I am currently working on the ones for Mother's Day and hope to have photos of them up tomorrow night. They will be available with coordinating baskets (instead of a box as pictured).

1 comment:

  1. Lana~ These are lovely, can't wait to see the baskets!! What a beautiful gift they will make.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete