Thursday, April 19, 2007

Morning Dew and Faded Blooms

I need to get started with housework and more May baskets... but first I had to get out in the fresh morning air if only for a short time. I wish you could have heard all the birds singing and the squirrels chattering! Sometimes when I'm outside I just stop and close my eyes and *listen* to nature ~ it's the most beautiful music one could imagine. I live on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee and a couple of weeks ago the dogwoods and redbuds were nearly in full bloom ~ then the several nights of 15 - 20 degrees came. The hard frosts completely wilted anything that had started to bloom or "green out". Even wilted, there is still beauty to be found in the blooms of the dogwood. I'll share a few shots I snapped this morning in my back yard of faded dogwood blooms and the remains of dandelion puffs and the morning dew...



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful morning walk Lana....those photos would be wonderful notecards! Thanks for sharing them.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking photos, Lana. You are a classy gal! And a very talented one too!

    Hugs
    Annie

    ReplyDelete