Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Victoria & Cottage Quilts


I’m so glad I subscribed to Victoria again! I always loved taking the time to rest and drink my coffee, and look at / read each and every beautiful page. And look, the latest issue coordinates with the quilt I’m making!


🌸Just a little fun fact about me and Victoria: 20 years ago my Beekeeper pillow was featured in Victoria magazine! I was so excited to see it in print!


More than 20 years ago I had a subscription to Victoria and kept every single issue. I had stacks of them. Then during a cleaning frenzy a few years ago (that doesn’t happen that often, to be honest πŸ˜‰), I gave away all my issues but one! I have always regretted that. Recently, I have been looking for old issues at used book stores. I want my collection back!
Victoria magazine, can you forgive me for my lapse of judgment and moment of weakness? 🀦🏻‍♀️

Now, as for the quilt I’m working on… 









😩😩😩

I was finally getting back into blogging again.
I wrote a lot more in this post, going into detail about the new quilt, the vintage fabrics I used, etc.
and when I hit publish, it all disappeared!

Maybe when this quilt is finished, I’ll write more.

Thanks for visiting. No one comments anymore, so I’m not sure if anyone still visits blogs. Let me know sometime if any of you are still around. If you are having trouble commenting on my blog, try emailing me lanamanis@gmail.com.

Take care and God bless,
Lana





 

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful quilt. I used have an extensive collection of Victoria magazines, too, and got rid of most of them. I regret it sometimes, but I don't want to store too much these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorrie. I wanted to cut down on so much “stuff”, so I guess I should stick with that thought. ☺️

      Delete
  2. I love your quilt. It's just perfect for welcoming spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Constance. Hopefully, I will have it finished before Spring has come and gone. Hand-quilting is taking so much longer than hand-tying or machine quilting.

      Delete