Thursday, February 17, 2022

Blue and Brown Star Quilt



I guess you could call this one Primitive Star Quilt. To me, this is the perfect weight and size for a throw quilt, and the colors are not too bright and not too dark… Goldilocks or someone with a cabin or farmhouse would like it!


I used so many prints in this quilt, both new and vintage. It sounds funny calling anything from the 80s or 90s vintage, but I suppose that’s what it is now. I made a lot of folk art / primitive items in years past, so I shopped from my leftover fabric stash. I also shop from other quilters’ destashes. That gives me a varied collection and helps with the scrappy look.





I love sewing the binding on by hand!


The two photos below show the layouts I tried. But really, with half square triangles, the sky’s the limit in designs! 



If you are interested in this quilt, you can purchase it through my Honeysuckle Lane shop. I have several more listed there, as well.

I have loads of fabric that I have bundled together, thinking… oh! that will make the perfect half square triangle quilt! Guess I’d better stock up on lots of coffee. I see a lot of long, late nights in my future! 

P.S. If you really knew me, you’d know what a joke those late nights are anymore. If I’m not up and moving around, I’m dozing off by 7pm! 😂😴

Thanks for stopping by!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment