Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Whimsy Wednesday - French Textile Triangle Pincushions


A few times in the past I made plans to list items once a week on this blog. Some times it happened, some times it didn't, and then finally I forgot about it.

My son and I were talking about it again this week and I was trying to come up with a catchy name. He suggested Whimsy Wednesday... and I love it! So... I am going to do my best to have something handmade to list each Wednesday (in addition to items in my Etsy shops or on my shop blog).


This week I have several small triangle pincushions for you that are based on a couple of antique pincushions I have in my collection.



Each pincushion is made from mostly antique and vintage fabrics, some of which I purchased directly from a dealer in France. In the photo below they are freshly laundered, waiting to be pressed...



I've listed the Triangle Pincushions below. Each one has been completely hand-stitched and embellished with feather-stitching.

When ordering, please choose by number of the item(s).

$15 each plus 1st class shipping (priority mail if several are purchased).

I accept PayPal, check, or money order.

Email me to ask questions or to purchase.


1. Made from an antique ticking fabric that was once a pillow. I bought the pillow years ago at an antique store, removed all the feathers, and have been using this fabric sparingly in my projects. About 2 1/8" at widest point.


2. Top left fabric is antique / vintage ticking from France, top right fabric is aged, reproduction dotted / paisley cotton, bottom fabric is aged, vintage damask. About 2 1/2" across widest point.


3. Top left fabric is a vintage floral stripe, the fabric on the right is an antique silk ombre moire, bottom fabric antique / vintage ticking from France. About 2 1/2" across widest point.


4. SOLD ~ thank you!
All three fabrics are antique / vintage French textiles. About 2 1/2" across widest point.


5. The red and white floral is a vintage French textile, dark red print is a reproduction calico cotton, bottom fabric is from an antique linen towel. About 2 1/2" across widest point.


6. The silk stripe is antique, the raw silk is recycled, the bottom fabric is cotton lining from a vintage curtain. About 2 1/2" across widest point.


7. SOLD ~ thank you!
All fabrics are antique / vintage French textiles. About 2 1/2" across widest point.


8. Top two fabrics are antique / vintage French textiles, bottom fabric is aged linen. About 2 1/2" across widest point.


9. All three fabrics are antique / vintage French textiles. About 2 1/2" across widest point.



10. Top two fabrics are antique / vintage French textiles, bottom fabric is aged, vintage damask. About 2 1/2" across widest point.





 Thanks so much for visiting!

Take care & God bless,
Lana

1 comment:

  1. They are just beautiful. I like that name for Wednesdays too.

    ReplyDelete