Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Glass Glittered & Velvet Pumpkins Will Have to Wait...


The garden continues to produce,

and I continue to can...


making tomato juice with the vintage food mill my Mom gave to me several years ago when I started canning.


And I've been enjoying tomato and mayo sandwiches throughout the summer.


The huge tomatoes are raised by my brother-in-law who has kept these tomatoes going from seed passed down from his dad. I remember them from when I was a kid, so I know my brother-in-law has grown them for more than 40 years, and his dad years before that.


For those of you that have written to me, asking about the velvet and glass glittered pumpkins....
hold on just a little longer. Canning season will be slowing down soon. :)

When I do have them ready, they may be found at Honeysuckle Lane.






Blessings!
Lana

2 comments:

  1. Lana, I can't find where I should sign up to (hopefully) win one of your glass glittered pumpkins. Can you use this entry!?!?! I already have a little white pumpkin of yours and would love to add to it.

    Thanks!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, The giveaway is for those on my email list only (which I know you are one). However, if you read the email, it is for note card sets this week, and each week will be a different prize. Thanks! :)

      Delete