Saturday, April 2, 2016

Bringing Back an Old Paper Whimsy Favorite


Back in 2008 (or maybe a few years earlier) I started making May Dew Gathering Baskets. They were based on an old custom and an 1800s paper basket idea I found in a 19th century book for young girls. You can see my first post here.


Throughout the years I have made them a few times more to offer to my customers. So, once again, I have decided to make a limited number of them. I only have a certain amount of little apothecary bottles left.


If you are interested in adding one to your collection of paper whimsies, visit my page at Early Work Mercantile where you may read the history and inspiration behind them.

Have a blessed weekend!
Lana

2 comments:

  1. What a great custom! I've heard of May baskets being left on friends/neighbors doors filled with flowers to welcome May but never the custom of collecting dew on the first day of May. Love your paper baskets with the little apothecary bottles, makes for a real sweet décor! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete