Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Let's Paint a Modern Barn Quilt!

photo from the Olive & Ollie blog

You know me, I never have enough going on so why not add something else to the list? I mean, what in the world would one do if one got everything done and there's was nothing else on the list? After all, I do have Busy Hands Syndrome.

photo from the Olive & Ollie blog

Let's get back to the reason for this post. I was visiting a blog called Olive & Ollie today and saw her post about painting a barn quilt. She's now planning on hosting a paint along and I think I'll join in... somewhere in between painting watercolors for a customer, making a set of angel wings for another customer, home renovations and getting ready for a craft show.

I do need something new to hang out on the porch beside the front door:


I've had this huge oval grapevine wreath hanging there for the last few years, changing out flowers or vines on it depending on the season. I got tired of doing that and now it's hanging there bare. Nothing seems to work anymore, so I think a piece of artwork will do the trick! I can put the wreath in the yard sale or hang it on the back porch. : D

If you are so inclined, please visit Heather at Olive & Ollie and join in when she hosts the paint along and tell her Lana sent you over. I'm sure it will be fun! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Take care and God bless,
Lana
~*~

1 comment:

  1. Love that idea. When I was in college we made paper quilts in art class one semester. I really loved that. I love quilts!

    ReplyDelete