Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Smoothies Again!

(photo from ninjakitchen.com)


One of my Christmas gifts this past year was a Nutri Ninja Pro... and I love it! I buy fresh fruit and vegetables, hoping we'll grab something healthy to snack on and I usually end up throwing half of it out. For some reason, it's much easier to down an apple or orange... or celery, cucumbers, and carrots... if they are in liquid form.

I previously owned another brand of juicer and was happy with it in general, although there was always so much pulp left over and I felt like I was wasting half the food!

Enter my little kitchen... the Nutri Ninja Pro. Seriously, I never thought I would love it so much! And this isn't even a paid advertisement, lol! I just wanted to share how great I think it is.
But if they ever wanted me to try a new product and review it on my blog, I'd certainly be open to it... hint, hint! ;)

I'll probably do more green juices later, but for now I am loving my morning fruit smoothies! Here's one of the blends I do, and sometimes I add all of this and sometimes I may leave out an ingredient or two.

Fill the cup with these ingredients:

apple (cored and chopped)
banana (peeled and sliced)
a handful of nuts of your choice
a pack of blueberry juice infused cranberries - I use these from Ocean Spray
coconut milk - I like the So Delicious brand
a few ice cubes



Attach the extractor blades and blend!
If it's too thick, just add more ice or coconut milk next time. Too thin? Use less ice or milk.
Once you're through blending, pop on the Sip & Seal lid and you're ready to go!




I'll be back in a few days with more blends to try. Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share? Just tell us in the comments!


Blessings,
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment