Friday, July 11, 2014

Catching Up from May to July


Do you like a picture story? That's what we'll do this time since I have to cover 2 1/2 months... with just a small amount of narration. You can click on the photos for larger views. :)

The kids gave me a new 70-300mm zoom lens for Mother's Day. Love it!





I listed some small church paintings on Etsy.


Painted more antique and vintage book covers. Just fun, carefree florals... nothing fancy.


Someone thought it would be funny to leave me this message when I suggested they do something clever with the Scrabble tiles. I always leave them on the kitchen counter in case someone thinks of a verse, a quote, a word or two for the day. Thanks, Wes! ;)


We had flycatchers hatch on the front porch... and make a mess.


Visited cemeteries.


Found a 4 foot long snakeskin at the edge of the yard.


Picked some gorgeous peonies at a neighbor's house...


and picked some more...


and took photos of even more...


and more... but I think I'll share those in the next blog post. :)

Saw a skunk...


and a doe and her spotted fawn off in the distance...


Did some yard work (it looks much better than this now)...


and got sidetracked from yard work by a frog and Ava...



Took morning and evening breaks to watch the birds and the rabbits and the chipmunks eat and play in the yard...









Picked daisies...


Found baby birds in my wisteria...


Took care of little ones for a little while. You can read the story here.


Washed out at the Lavender Festival with rain and storms... but there's lots of art in my Etsy shop now! :)


Made dozens of vintage velvet pumpkins! The finished ones are not listed in my Etsy shop yet, but I'll get them there soon.


Painted more...


even 2-1/2" miniatures!



Had some of the best smoked brisket ever! More about that later... it deserves its own post!


And painted more churches...



Even though it doesn't look like it, I did do some work, too, lol! I just don't usually photograph dirty, uninteresting work.

That pretty much hit the highlights of my photo files from May until now. I left out a few things here and there to share later.

Thanks for hanging around....

Take care and God bless!
Lana

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lana, I just happened upon your blog. Looking at your rabbits. So cute. and I seen a photograph of a sign saying Storie cemetery. where was that photo taken. Just curious since my mother was from Joplin Missouri and her maiden name is Storie sometimes spelled in Storrie.

    Thank you, Caroline De La O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, This cemetery is in Fentress County, TN. I don't know if there are any more families by the name of Storie in the area, maybe just a few. My mom's maiden name was Choate and that's where most of her family are buried.

      Delete