Monday, March 10, 2014

The Forgotten Ones - original acrylic paintings



While going through my paintings, searching for one that sold and needed to be shipped, I found a few small paintings that I had forgotten. Evidently I had scanned them for prints but forgot to list them for sale in my Etsy shop.


Seeing them made me want to get started painting again very soon. And that reminded me that I need to start taking time at least a few hours a week to paint. I love painting, but always feel as if I have to have everything perfectly planned before I get out my paints and brushes.


But that causes me to wait... and wait some more... because I never have everything perfectly planned. Who does???


So... maybe I'll just clear a space for painting and keep it ready at all times and when the mood strikes, I can go paint. Sounds like a plan to me!


Do you have a dedicated work space, something reserved specifically for painting, crafting, sewing, etc?

1 comment:

  1. I for one am glad you found these beautiful paintings Lana, so you could share them with us. I have always loved how creative you are in staging and photographing your art. SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!

    It's funny that you should bring up the thing about planning it all out to get to painting. I am that way about sewing and collage. Once I get started I'm okay...it's just getting started that's the problem.
    sending hugs....

    ReplyDelete