Friday, May 4, 2012

I'm in the Depths of Despair!


I feel like Anne of Green Gables, although her "tragical" thing wasn't about jewelry or handwork, but I feel like that just the same. I have all these gorgeous natural stones and no time for jewelry-making!


Can you believe I have had these since 2010 and still have not used them???


I bought them at the Intergalactic Bead Show in Nashville (briefly mentioned here).


It was the first (only) bead show I had ever attended and it was amazing... and overwhelming!


I highly recommend that you make a list of things you are looking for before you go.


And be prepared --- because once you get there all intents and purposes fly out the door!


I could have bought more beads but I needed money for food, lol!


So.... as soon as I get things on my have-to-do list checked off,
more jewelry-making will definitely be on my want-to-do list! ;-)

Do you have something you've been wanting to do and just haven't found or made the time? What is it? Maybe we can encourage and remind one another to take time for something we enjoy doing!

Have a blessed day!
Lana
~*~

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I understand completely! I don't even want to show you my bead stash, LOL. And I've been to their show in Asheville. Oh. My. Gosh. So many trinkets and so little time!

    I've been wanting to do some beading and quitting, but first I have to get dome some long-postponed decluttering and organization chores. Oh, and also unpack about 6 more large boxes in the storage room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana, they are just beautiful! It is funny that I am sitting here browsing through a craft supply catalog as I read you post! I have an entire room filled with supplies, I don't need anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lana, there are never enough hours in a day, or night! Love those Gems, I am in love with the ones that have a slight blue & you have the blue thread, (last photo) What Are Those?????
    (besides Fabulous!)
    Have a great weekend
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna ~ Now that you have retired (again!) maybe you can get started on new projects. You have the perfect workroom for it! :)

    Kim ~ I'm working on decluttering over the next few months. I need to narrow down my crafts and stop buying more supplies.

    Cheryl ~ I know! I can get up at 6am and go to bed at midnight or 1 the next morning and still not have enough time! I think those beads you like are rough cut faceted amazonite gemstones... and they are my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete