Monday, January 18, 2016

Punch Needle Project ~ Finished!


I finished my first punch needle project of the new year... no telling how many more to go. I have ordered more perle cotton colors from Valdani and I can hardly wait for them to get here! :)




I wanted to add some cute mini pom pom trim that I'd seen online, but I was impatient and went ahead and finished this one by folding back the excess weaver's cloth and attaching it to the painted base. I'll use the trim on future projects... I'll have to order some first. What would we do without online shopping nowadays? ;)

The base was painted with Waverly Inspirations Chalk paint... I use MINERAL... a light gray... and then wiped on (and off) a Folk Art antiquing medium. I finished it off with a coat of my homemade beeswax paste. The base is about 3/4" thick, so it sits just fine on its own, but if I wanted to hang it on the wall, it'll be easy to add a saw tooth hanger. It's very lightweight so I am okay with using that type of hanger on it.



I've finally started adding items to my Big Cartel shop. I hope to get moved over to it and eventually close my Etsy shops. I've talked about this for a long time. It just took a while to finally get moving.
Here's the link if you'd like to take a peek.

Thanks for visiting!

God bless,
Lana

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I love the colors you chose. Your new store is fantastic too. I love how clean it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim! I like the store look, too. I may add more personality later, but I like the fresh, uncluttered feel right now. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the soft muted colours, a nice change from the bright and deep reds most use for hearts.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. My best to you in the New Year...
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I always enjoy visiting you! :)

      Delete