Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Homes for All

While we have been busy renovating our home, we have had little neighbors decide to build a new home in very close proximity.


Please excuse the dirty eave. We were going to power wash the exterior of the house in the next few days. Guess we'll have to work around the new family, or wait until they have vacated.


This view {above} is from where I sit in the living room. I've been watching the husband and wife build their nest all weekend. They have been working so hard to get it ready.

While they have been working outside, we have been working inside. I'll get my photos organized and later this week start sharing our renovations.

In the meantime, I've got custom watercolor orders to work on in the evenings. I am quite a bit behind on those as it took a while to get some color swatches to work with, and I'm trying to work on the house during the day and work on orders in my workroom at night.

Since I haven't had time to do much handwork, prints seem the way to go for now. Below are a few photos of some prints that will be available for purchase soon. They are professionally printed in a lab {what I call 'real' photographs ~ not printer photo paper} and are 8x10 in 11x14 mats.


{you can see our new flooring in these photos, too!}

I have had fun choosing mats to go with them.


I really like the colors, so I may keep some to go with my new decor. I very seldom have my own work displayed.



The photographs of the partially dried tulips don't match my decor but I do like the creams, deep pinks, and touches of green.


Thanks for stopping by ~ and be sure to come back again later this week. I'll have more to share then! :)

Take care & God bless,
Lana
~*~

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lana,
    Sorry to try and contact you thru your comment section, but I couldn't seem to find an email address. I remember you posting about a lavender festival last year in Oak Ridge... tried to find some info on google, but had no luck. Do you know what the date is for the festival this year. Any info will be greatly appreciated, as I am in Chattanooga and would love to attend.
    Thanks so much for any help,
    Sandra Blanks
    skblanks@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra ~ Here's a link to more info on the Lavender Festival: https://sites.google.com/site/oakridgelavenderfestival/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweetie! I love those photos! I was just admiring your header the other day too. You sure have the knack for the marriage of simplicity and beauty. I wanted to let you know that I made a wee mention of you in my blog. I hope you don't mind, teehee! Best wishes to you these hot June days ahead. Hope you are having fun with that Nikon camera!

    ReplyDelete