Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Withering Beauty Photo Shoot


A while back when I finally began to recouperate from that almost 5 week long illness (flu, bronchitis, lack of energy, etc.) that hit me so hard, I just had to get outside and walk around! I wanted to see the little buds that were popping out to happily announce the arrival spring.


As usual, I was drawn instead to the dried up, withered, cast down weeds and seed pods that remained in the garden.


Poor things, hardly anyone likes them... they are prickly, nearly void of color, and an eyesore in a garden or flower bed, and like any good gardener, I removed them... and brought them in the house!


They lay on a piece of cardboard in my workroom for a few weeks. I had intended to study, sketch, and use them for my willing watercolor subjects, but I kept forgetting to do that. I guess they got tired of waiting, because they started dropping their little black seeds everytime I'd bump the cardboard while looking for something nearby.


This morning the sun was shining through the French doors and windows and I remembered how pretty it looks shining through my old bottles when they are holding flowers on the windowsill.


So I gathered up some bottles, the withered weeds, some drooping tulips that I hadn't yet thrown out, and had an impromptu photo shoot! Just for fun, I added a few of my old pincushions for the last few shots.



After all that squatting, kneeling, and scooting around on the floor where I had the items sitting on the posterboard (that's my elaborate studio set-up), I know my knee will feel the effects later today. I was having so much fun (I hate to admit just how many photos I did take) that I forgot to be careful about not putting stress on my bad knee. Believe me, I remembered as soon as I put my weight on it but the damage was already done ~ again. I'll just just have to take it easy for a few days. I certainly have to be better by the weekend. That's when I hope to get my new-to-me DSLR Nikon camera and spend the day thrifting with my daughter, Jessica! :)


Thanks for dropping by today. I hope you enjoyed the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them!

Take Care & God Bless,
Lana
~*~

p.s. Later this week I'll be hosting a wonderful giveaway, so come back to enter. :)

1 comment:

  1. Lana, your photos are gorgeous... and your new banner is simply beautiful. Your style is so appealing.

    I had a chuckle at the thought of you skooching around on the floor taking photos. That's how I do it too :) I hope your knee recovers quickly.

    Have a great time thrifting with your daughter this weekend and have fun with your new-to-you toy!

    ReplyDelete