Monday, January 24, 2011

Tokens of Love in the making...


Well, here we are, January 24th and I need to get several sets of angel wings made by the end of the month. After a lull, I'm getting requests for them again and so I'll need to make a trip to our local framing shop to buy some mat board large enough for the bases.



By February 4th, I should have a large variety of love tokens ready. There will be more than a dozen puzzle purse valentines, a dozen or so soldered heart in hand charms, several more framed love tokens {the ones listed in my Etsy shop sold out in just a few days ~ thank you!}, possibly a few heart in hand paperweights, and if all goes as planned, I will have just a few love tokens in antique velvet frames.


I only had one last year and it sold right away. There were requests for more, but unfortunately I didn't have any frames. Over the past year, I have been collecting those beautiful, old, worn velvet frames {some were found via a dealer in France!} and I hope to make some pretty, paper pieces just for these frames {and for you!}.



I have stacks of parchment papers to age and stain, I have my tools of the trade gathered, and I will be busy working for the next couple of weeks. This is going to be FUN! :)


I keep putting this off, but I will be back this week with some exciting news.... some of you have already heard and seen it, but I just haven't had time to announce it on my blog yet. ;)

Take Care and God Bless,
Lana
~*~

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... I 'MUST HAVE" your Angel WIngs!!! Just saw them here for the first time and they have spoken to my soul!!! You are positively brilliant to create such touching things.

    Blessings and Light,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the wings!!!
    great idea!
    take care,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana! Delighted to find you in one of my favorite magazines - Romantic Homes! How exciting (for us both:) And what a lovely piece your wrote for them.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations! Your blog banner is adorable . . . those must be your dogs. Those little creatures bring us so much joy, don't they. They all have such sweet little faces, well loved. Blessings

    ReplyDelete