Sunday, June 21, 2009

Remains of the day

The title refers to the silk ribbon pillows I have leftover from the Lavender Festival (which was yesterday), but it could very well describe me! Friday night I packed everything in my car and finally went to bed at midnight; got back up at 4:25 am, left at 5 am, drove an hour to get there, unpacked everything and set it up, and by the time I was ready for the show to start, I might as well have not even taken a shower or applied make-up! The temp for the day was in the mid 90s with a heat index of 102. It was HOT and extremely humid! Even with the hot weather, the crowd was amazing! People started pouring in much sooner than in previous years and did not let up until past time for the show to end! In previous years the crowds came in waves, but not so this year. It was busy all day long. I was worried how the economy would affect our sales, but yesterday's show was very successful for me.
Thank you to all who came by and purchased or just stopped to say hello. I say it each year: I am so happy to see past customers and meet new ones, visit with old friends and make new acquaintances. One sweet lady who is a regular stopped to say hello, left for a while (she went home to cool off and to get something), and then came back with a lovely little green swirl dish she had made (she's a potter by trade) and said she wanted me to have it. It will be perfect to hold my business cards at future shows. A lady here in blogland that several of you may know also stopped by, the lovely Donna (& her sweet husband Jim) of Cottage Days & Journeys. Please visit her blog and send well wishes and prayers. She'll be having knee surgery soon.
I think that just about covers everything this morning. I am still so very tired. I think the work and the humidity completely drained me yesterday (gasp ~ could I be getting old???). This morning it was thundering and lightening, and my husband got up at 4am and left at 4:30 to go unload 2 wagons of hay. Thank goodness the barn has lights so he could work in the dark. I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't, so I got up, drank a cup of coffee.... then I got sleepy again, went to bed at 6, woke back up at 8. Needless to say, I will feel "draggy" all day long, as my Mama used to say.
Oh ~ I nearly forgot! If you are interested in the Remains of the Day (silk ribbon embroidered pillows), just visit the needlework page of my website.
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!


  1. I know that you were suffering out there in the wicked heat and humidity, but you still had a smile on your face for the crowd! Glad that it went well for it. I couldn't believe how crowded it was either! Hopefully, I can stay a bit longer at the festival next year and manage the crowds and sidewalks. Thank you for your sweet words, encouragement, and prayers!

  2. I don't think so... getting OLD!!! Ummm, aren't we the same age? 20 something? LOL..that pillow is divine and I am so glad you didn't totally melt, sounds like it was fun though! Hugs, MO

  3. Hi,, I saw your blog on the We Love Indie site and wanted to tell you that your pillow with the ribbon dragonflys is so pretty! :) I love it. I am also glad to hear your show went well, thats encouraging during these days.
    Happy creating.. gail

  4. I don't know how you stand those 90 degree days??? It's been raining here in NE. most of the month and the nights have been cool. I'm not complaining. Get some rest!!!
    Take care,

  5. Nothing but rain here in Massachusetts, the dragonfly ribbon pillow is beautiful!

  6. Glad you had a good show! And, no!, you are NOT getting old! Just sounds like you had an exhausting day.