Thursday, December 18, 2008

Now where did that turkey go...?

Hmmm, I suppose you think I disappeared along with Tweedle Dum! Sorry 'bout that. I meant to come back and share some recent photos of him and completely forgot with all the holiday preparations going on.
As you can see, he fared very well during Thanksgiving, so he's a happy bird!
As usual, when I have my workroom door open, he can hear me and he usually comes by to see what I'm up to. Some days he just peeks up over the porch to peer through the screen, and other days, he's curious enough to come up on the porch and cluck at me while he eats Sam's cat food.
If I loaded the correctly, you should be able to click on each photo to see a larger more detailed view of this eastern wild turkey. The feathers are gorgeous when the sun hits them just right. And can you see his spurs in the 2nd photo?
That's it for now... I have some more things to blog about... soon as I get my photos ready.




3 comments:

  1. I love wild turkeys! We have a lot of them around where we live, which I guess isn't too common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is quite beautiful. Didn't Ben Franklin want the turkey to be the national bird instead of the bald eagle? (I guess if Ben had had his way, Thanksgiving might be a little different...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The turkey feathers look so beautiful! And the spurs look wickedly sharp, LOL.

    ReplyDelete