Friday, June 22, 2007

Last Call for Dragonflies ~*~


I'll be adding just a few more pillows to my site by 10pm (central) tonight, finish up a few special orders over the next week or two, then pack everything up for the summer. I am excited that we will be remodeling the garage for a workroom! If anyone has any suggestions for organization, workspaces, lighting in workspaces, etc. I'd love to hear them.

The chicks... oh how they are growing! We finally had a really good and much needed downpour the other day. Afterwards, some of the chicks made themselves at home on the back porch rail and preened and fluffed their feathers. I normally shoo them off the porch, but they looked so sweet on there.


And oh my goodness! that silly turkey! A few mornings ago I was in the kitchen and heard "bam!...bam!!...bam!!!" I thought it was one of my teens in their bedroom hammering on the wall or something. It stopped... then it started again! I started through the doorway ready to ask what in the world was going on and saw that turkey at my front door! He started pecking away so hard I thought he would break the glass! Then I remembered... I had forgotten to feed him and turn out and feed the chickens and I guess he was letting me know! He came running to the chicken pen when I went down to feed.
~*~

12 comments:

  1. Love your dragonflies Lana! :)
    The turkey story was so funny! Guess he knows how to get your attention!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lana,

    Isn't that crazy turkey too funny! That is so neat and right by your door.

    I love the pillows, especially the dragonfly one....they are so pretty.

    Smiles,
    ~Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lana,

    I tried to leave a comment, but I don't think it worked??

    That is a crazy turkey!! Too funny.


    I love the dragonfly pillow. They are so pretty.

    Smiles,
    ~Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lana, it is always a sweet visit with you! I love your chicks and turkey...living here in suburbia we can only have dogs and cats...but a turkey sounds fun.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend, hope you are well rested and enjoying working or planning your workroom.
    Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! That is toooooooooo funny!!! What a silly turkey!!!

    Keep us update on the workroom:o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHH!!! Give him a hug for me...

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lana,
    Turkeys are so funny! What a smart one you have. And the chickens are adorable. Thank-you for the view.
    It brightens the morning to see American splendor such as you have on your farm.
    xo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lana , my turkey hen does need to come visit your Tom, he needs something to do besides
    bug ya for food.. LOL
    Can't believe how big the CHICKS have gotten
    they are so colorful...makes me want some!!
    and of course I think
    your pillows are LOVELY!!

    fondly, Deena

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited and can't wait to get my Dragon Fly pillow Lana!! YOu do the most beautiful work!! Your turkey is a cutie too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the turkey at the door! So cute...I don't have chickens or turkeys, but I do have horses and donkeys, and they are always up to something mischievous! Your embroidery is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, those little chicks are so cute on the railing. And how funny about that turkey. I didn't realize you had all those critters surrounding you. How fun!

    Beautiful pillows too!

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is marvelous Lana!
    Your chicks and turkey are sooo funny.

    ReplyDelete