Thursday, May 24, 2007

Here a chick, there a chick, everywhere a chick-chick

The chicks are growing each and every day. They don't stay the little fuzzballs but a few days before they start to feather out.
~*~
I've been letting them roam with their mamas and the rest of the chickens all day long now.

~*~

Inquisitive little one isn't it?

~*~

If one gets a little behind, straying to get just one more bug or seed before moving on,

mama clucks a little impatiently and it cheeps back and hurries on over to her, half running and half flying ~ "wait for me!".

~*~

The last few evenings I've let Buffy and Henny Penny take the chicks inside the coop rather than catching them and putting them in the little pen I have for the babies.

~*~

When they get settled, and I go down to close the doors so they'll be safe from critters at night, I always lift the mama's wings to count babies. Henny Penny has one little chick that sticks it's head out from under all the feathers and pecks away at my finger! It's so funny, such a tiny thing being so bold and brave.

I don't want to bore you with chick pics and chick tales, but I'll try to keep you posted on how they are doing from time to time.

Have a beautifully blessed day ~ here, the sun is shining and I'm going out to hang laundry on the line.

~*~

6 comments:

  1. Love your photos Lana. The chicks following their Moms are so cute.
    Enjoy your beautiful sunshine!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have chickens too!...but no babies. They are the cutest things aren't they? I enjoy your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures look like they popped out of an 19th century children's book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. obfvkI love your chicken stories....
    I too have 2 hens....I call them my girls!
    I am trying to talk hubby into getting some babies!

    Look forward to watching your babies grow!!!!

    Blessings, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lana..
    how bout that Diane?!
    Love the babies...looks like we have a bunch in common!
    How nice Honeysuckle Lane sounds

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. Please would you show more of the chickens with their chics and narrate more of the stories as you are doing.
    Love the chickens.
    best
    Robin

    ReplyDelete