Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Little Country Church


I've started painting again... churches for now... and I hope to eventually paint barns with fields of lavender. I want to do several for the Lavender Festival in June next year.



 



I love the randomness of it all and the unexpected textures and colors that come from palette knife painting.






I think I have mentioned why I love old churches before, but here's why:
Daddy was a country preacher, pastored several churches during his lifetime, and held many revivals in the rural areas of middle and east Tennessee where we lived. My church paintings are inspired by all the little country churches I attended as a child... and still attend as an adult today.


I couldn't help sneaking my glass glittered sheep into a few photos.


And my mercury glass owl...



This church painting will be listed in a few days here, and in the meantime there are a few other church paintings in my Etsy shop.


I just realized this is New Year's Eve....
so I wish for you a Happy New Year...
one that is full of love, happiness, blessings, and grace.

Take care and God bless,
Lana

2 comments: