Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Whale of a Tale Papercutting



I thought I'd do something different for the Early Work Mercantile update... and thought I had until I started looking through my past folk art pieces. Technically, it is different from the others, but it is whale folk art and it goes with the theme of some of my other pieces: a whale's tail pipe box and a whale pincushion.


The background paper is water colored and aged parchment paper. The whale is parchment paper that has been printed with a copy of an indentured servant letter from the late 1700s. The ship is made from a vintage book fly leaf page that has a wood grain design. The other pieces are various vintage papers from my stash.



Now that I've done this one, I think I want to try more whale papercuttings. First I need to find a few more small frames... wish me luck! :)

Blessings,
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment