Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Soon to Be a Queen...


I know I switch around a lot... from jewelry to paper crafts to painting to punch needle and now to doll making. I just enjoy so many things!

Once every few years I make a few dolls and Queen Anne dolls are quite often my inspiration. I currently have four Queen Anne pincushion dolls in the making and I hope to have them ready by the weekend.

I usually start by looking at my doll reference books or at online photos of antique dolls. I make a few quick sketches just to have an idea of the size they will be and hopefully to get the proportions close to what I have in mind.


This was part of last night's conversation:
"What's in the oven?"
"Body parts. You can put your pizza in there when my timer goes off."
"Uhhhh.... o....k....."


They don't look like much, but hopefully once painted and clothing is made, they will start to look like queens... Queen Anne dolls!

Thanks for visiting!

Blessings,
Lana

6 comments:

  1. That's hilarious Lana!!! I hope you share them when you're done. I'll bet they are as wonderful as everything else you do! I adore the little sheep in your last post.
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, June! I often felt guilty when the kids came home from school and asked what I was baking... they could smell the vanilla and cinnamon soaked fabric items drying in the oven, lol!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I can tell those 'parts' are going to transform into something amazing !
    Can hardly wait to see.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose! Fingers crossed that they turn out as hoped! :)

      Delete
  3. Haha that is so cute. You are so talented. I can see what they will be in my mind. I love seeing your sketches. I love sketch books.
    I can't wait to see what the finished project looks like.

    ReplyDelete