Monday, February 18, 2013

It's a Birthday Sale!



Hello everyone!
I must say, I am enjoying my time off so much that I am going to be off work through February and into March for a while. It's nice to be able to take time for things here at home even though I know this means I'll really have to work overtime for a month or two once I do get back to work. During my time off I've dreamed about things I want to do / make / accomplish and have ordered more art supplies and have drawn up a plan on paper to completely rearrange my workroom studio! I'm really excited about it! :)



I turned 46 today and I feel so blessed! I went to bed just after midnight and it took me a while to slow my brain down enough so I could get to sleep. I was thinking of all the things in my life that God has blessed me with and caught myself lying there in the bed with a huge smile on my face. I think I went to sleep like that. Life is wonderful and I am curious to see what the rest of this year holds for us.


I'm spending a quiet day at home doing housework and in between chores I am listing items on my selling blog. If you want to see all the things I'm clearing out, just click this link: http://hlshop.blogspot.com/. I have many, many things listed including an antique wallpaper covered wooden box, ironstone butter pats, antique daguerreotypes, doll stands, and several odd items that I had purchased over the years to repurpose but never got around to it --- sound familiar? ;) Feel free to tell your blog and facebook friends about the sale. I'm using the proceeds to buy a scanner more suited to scanning artwork! :)


Oh, one more thing --- I have done some serious thinking and re-thinking about my business name. It's been quite hard to make a final decision which was surprising to me. Some of you are new to my work and businesses (Honeysuckle Lane and Simple Joys Paperie) and some of you have been with me from the start and I value all of your opinions. In the future I'll be doing watercolor and acrylic paintings, wool applique and embroidered needlework, soldered jewelry, and paper items such as the wreaths and heart in hand love tokens. I can't decide between Honeysuckle Lane and Lana Manis Designs.
So...
Which name do you like best?
1 - Honeysuckle Lane
2 - Lana Manis Designs



Thanks so much!


Take care and God bless,
Lana

~*~



2 comments:

  1. Well . . Happy Birthday Lana! I love your enthusiasm for life! I feel the same way! (and I'm almost 10 years older than you!) So happy you are enjoying the "down" (?) time! I know it's really not down time, as you like me can over fill any day given . . . but those days where you get to do what you love or spend with those you love are perfect!
    On the name change . . . They are both beautiful! I have actually had about 5 names over the years . . . each was right for the time, but we change and grow and a name can too! I do tend to use 2 names . . . and bought (maybe 5 url's that are similar) I use The Spotted Hare and I just simply "Lori Ann Corelis" like a "real" artist does ! ;-) Both these and versions of them as well as my old name all point to my website. What comes up best in the search engines for you? Maybe you can use a combo. "Honeysuckle Lane . . . by: Lana Manis" :-) Just thinkin' out loud . . and definitely too long here! . . ..
    SO.... Happy Birthday!!
    Celebrate and create!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Ah, you're still a young'un. LOL! You do have a lot to smile about. :-)

    I think you have used the Honeysuckle Lane name for so long that folks know your work by it. But if you want a fresh beginning, then I would go with Lana Manis Designs. See, I wasn't any help at all!

    ReplyDelete