Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Another Peek or Two...


The Lavender Festival is this Saturday and I'm getting a bit antsy. I don't have time to make soldered jewelry as I planned, but I will have at least five or six dozen silk ribbon pillows and a few dozen flower pins made from recycled cashmere and lambswool sweaters.



I hope that's enough to make my booth look full. Nothing will be over 8"x10" in size, so if needed, I can fill in with fresh bouquets and antique and vintage props.



I read in the festival vendor information that the rose is the herb of the year, and I ended up making several spider-web roses using vintage seam binding ribbon instead of silk ribbon as seen in the photos above.



It seems I had a lot of narrow ribbon in my stash, so I made several spider mum looking flowers. Thankfully they don't have to be technically correct, just pretty!



I have just a little bit of handwork left to do and then I've got to get busy sewing on the backs and stuffing the pillows.


Before I go, I want to thank all of you for your comments on my last blog post and for your email messages. I've been so busy working on festival stuff and then I had to go to the doctor today and haven't had time to answer everyone individually.... but I will soon. (((HUGS to all of you!)))

Take care and God bless,
Lana
~*~

4 comments:

  1. My goodness girl...your ribbon embroidery is exquisite!!!! I'm sure you will have plenty for a beautiful showing ~ I hope it all sells like hot cakes too!!! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all pf these, they are just so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are pictures of some of my favorite pillows!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love , love, love it all !
    ♥RINI♥ the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete