Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday Sundries


sundries: miscellaneous small articles, details, or items

Today I thought I'd share photos of some old, gilt wood medallions I found in a junk store years ago.

They look like they had been glued and nailed on something, but thankfully, at some point someone deemed them worthy of saving.

The backs of most of them are stamped Made in Italy.



For now, I have them sitting on an old cupboard shelf, just waiting for a special project... if it ever comes.



If I never use them on anything, I will still enjoy their old, worn beauty.
 

 To me, they have just the right amount of age to look perfect.
 


 Do any of you know what they could have been attached to in the past? I'm sure it must have been lovely, whatever it was!

That's it for my Saturday Sundries post. If you want to read more of them, just click here.

Take care and God bless,
Lana
~*~

2 comments:

  1. hi lana!

    just came by to see what lovely
    things you are up to! i'm never
    disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Lea! You are always welcome here! :)

    ReplyDelete