Friday, April 27, 2012

Book Sale! ~ updated


UPDATE ~ over half the books have been sold ~ thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Friday!

After high winds, rain, hail, and downed trees and power lines yesterday morning, our electricity was out from about 5 am to 4 pm. Since I couldn't run my sewing machine as planned, I took advantage of that time and moved a book case from one room to another, reorganized books in 3 book cases, and pulled some craft and reference books to sell.




I had only planned on looking for a few books, then one thing led to another and it became a several hour task. I found duplicates of books, books I had forgotten about, and books that I no longer was interested in the particular subject... or possibly I knew I'd never find the time to pursue all of the crafts that they described!



{bird theme painting collages by my friend Suzanne; the doll is the first hand-sculpted paper clay doll I made}
On a side note, I thought I had just about lost my passion for dollmaking, but when I picked up this doll and looked at her more closely, seeing all my mistakes but loving her imperfections, I decided that I'm not through with that craft. When I have more time to make dolls and enjoy the process, I'll dive back into it!





Now, back to the books --- For now, most of my book cases are the cheap ones from Walmart. Hopefully, at some point, I'll have good, sturdy, solid wood book cases. Yesterday I pretty much just cleaned off the shelves, sorted through the books, and put everything back on the shelves. I'll rearrange the books and knick-knacks a little better when I have time.
 

The books that I'm selling are now listed on the vintage page of my website. If you don't see them here, just refresh your page a time or two, or clear your recent browsing history. Some of the subjects included are historical costumes, doll houses and miniatures, craft business, pincushions, early American decor, and folk art. If your order consists of only books and magazines, I can ship them via media mail which is usually a cheaper rate. Sorry, no international shipping this time.




I've got so much to do over the weekend... I don't know if I'll get it finished or not! Guess I'll do as much as possible till late tonight and then start bright and early in the morning and work all day and evening tomorrow, too. Even so, I hope all of you have a wonderful, fun, relaxing weekend!

Take care and God bless,
Lana
~*~

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your doll. Don't quit.
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you SuZeQ! That means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dolls too, Lana~they are wonderful. Love looking at your book photos-beautiful colors...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doll is beautiful! Please do not stop making them! All of the details are amazing to me, and the perfect dress, with lace and the flower? Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete