Saturday, November 26, 2011

The 2011 Snow Folk Collection is Here!


This year I really wanted to debut a large collection of Snow Folk.... a few dozen pieces... some on stands and bases, some under glass domes... scattering a few handmade trees here and there... and display them as a large snow village... but that was not meant to be. Instead, I did well just to get these few things made to list just after Thanksgiving. Oh well, there's always next year! :)




I did manage to create two snowmen, Jack (above) and Frost (below).




These guys have been pals for a long, long time, spreading sparkling snow and frost each winter, traipsing about with their faux feather tree twigs that double as walking sticks when they happen upon a deep snow.

I also made a pair of Snow Angel Candy Containers, Peace and Joy.





They are busy spreading peace and joy throughout the world. We sure could use it, don't you think?


And last, but not least... he's actually the largest... is an Old World Belsnickel / Father Christmas.


I made a faux feather tree out of crepe paper (similar to one I shared in this post a few years back) and perched a vintage spun cotton dove on one of the branches.


He has sheep's wool for a beard and mustache and his clothing (as is the clothing for all the other Snow Folk) is made from some old cotton quilt batting I've had saved for years.

I suppose there's enough for a small village here...


 At least it's a start....



The Belsnickel in the center with the little wax lamb beside him will be up for auction on eBay Sunday night in a TDIPT Mercantile group launch. You will find him here after 9pm Sunday night.

 And I couldn't do Christmas decor items without making a few whimsical cones


with tarnished silver tinsel, mother of pearl buttons, vintage crepe paper ribbons, and handmade faux feather tree twigs.


As usual, I had to have something to work on while I was watching tv later in the evenings with my husband, so I made over two dozen ribbon rose pins and recycled, felted flower pins. These are available on my Honeysuckle Lane website or in my Honeysuckle Lane Etsy shop. I've made the ribbon rose pins for years, ever since I saw them being made on The Carol Duvall Show long, long ago...









All of my work shown is listed on my Honeysuckle Lane website, but if you want to purchase immediately, just visit Simple Joys Paperie and Honeysuckle Lane on Etsy.

~*~

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, surrounded by loved ones. We had a traditional dinner at home with our kids... simple and cozy... just the way I like it! :)

Thank you so much for dropping by ~
Take care and God bless,
Lana
~*~

6 comments:

  1. Wow, these are so sweet, wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Just beautiful Lana! :o)

    ...I think sometimes we think the days are longer than they really are. Or we tell ourselves we will get this, this, and this done today with several hours to spare. Alas, we don't. *giggle*eye roll*

    ...Gorgeous collection of Snow Folk!

    ...Blessings :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all are sheer perfection!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your santas are so beautiful. I almost fail over seeing your feather tree how to. But when I click it says page not found. My heart dropped. Is their somewhere else I coud look? Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful - your work inspires me more every time I see it! :)

    ReplyDelete