Thursday, October 28, 2010

Paper Wreaths Revisited

{wreath, snowdrop pillows & glass glitter cones made by Lana Manis}



I was thinking back to when I first began selling my wreaths online... back in November of '08. I'd made them before, but I wasn't sure if everyone would like them so I waited a while to offer them online. Sisters and daughters and nieces usually tell you all sorts of nice things about your handmade items, so you can't really go by what they say. ;)

{sheet music wreath, Christmas cones, & Victorian stockings made by Lana Manis}


I first offered sheet music wreaths at Simply Primitives and TDIPT Mercantile, and then I began offering more of my vintage book wreaths on my website and in my Etsy shop, HoneysuckleLane.

{children's vintage book wreath made by Lana Manis}


I am so fortunate that someone out there, somewhere, liked my paper art and continued to buy it so I could continue making it --- because I love working with paper... old book pages, old sheet music, parchment paper that's been stained, aged, painted... just about any kind of paper. I love cutting it, folding it, rolling it, weaving it...

{soldered heart in hand charm necklace made by Lana Manis}


 
{angel wings made by Lana Manis}



{puzzle purse valentine made by Lana Manis}



Although I work in other mediums, too, I always have a paper project going.
Lately, I have been busy with custom orders and I haven't been able to make many items for my fairly new website, Simple Joys Paperie, as I'd hoped. I should have all orders finished and on their way by the end of October and that leaves me with just under two weeks to have new items made for SJP by the 15th of November. I'll have several items for holiday decorating, as well as plenty of creations for gifts.
So please don't stray too far away... I have the ideas and sketches, I just need to find the time. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Take Care & God Bless,
Lana
~*~

4 comments:

  1. Your paper creations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paper art ... The way you so lovingly talk about folding and rolling paper - I wonder if you've seen the movie "Folds?" it's a documentary style film we got on netflix .... It's about the art of origami and the world of artists out there whose first love is paper. You may enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana,
    your art is so beautifull, I love the wreaths, is the tussi mussies and little pillows also from your hand? they are all so lovely.and the soldered necklace wonderfull.
    XO,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i looooove your job bravo it's very beautiful ;o)

    ReplyDelete