Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fund My Flooring, please!


(old green glass bottles)


Good morning!
I worked most of the day and evening (on Saturday) getting things ready for a Junk Sale.
As you know, when doing home renovations, one thing usually leads to another.

(vintage gold rings / wheat glasses)

You decide a room needs paint, and after you have painted, the floors looks old, or you do a repair and then the rest of the floor needs repairing, and so on...


(old glass jars)

Our home was built in 1987 and the homeowners chose time-span linoleum for the kitchen and bath. Over the years, it has gradually pulled away from the walls where it was stapled. It has to be replaced.


(vintage Zubian sealing wax and Princess candles)

Several years ago we put down tongue and groove wood flooring in the living and dining rooms and hallway. It was beautiful and I loved it, especially the wide boards! When we built another bedroom addition, extending the length of the house, that left the new part of the hallway needing new flooring. Since the other part of the hall had been done years earlier and had darkened with age, it would be hard to match, especially since we cut our own trees and had them milled for the flooring.


(vintage gravy boat ~ I LOVE the crazing in the glaze!)

At this point the wood flooring is in need of refinishing so we really need to do something, such as put new flooring in the all those areas plus the unfinished part of the hallway. Both boys' rooms have carpet and with Wesley's allergies, I'd love to get all the carpet out of the house once and for all!


(original painting by Jennifer Lanne)

We found linoleum we liked at a local supplier. They also have some beautiful wood laminate on clearance, and we would like to buy enough boxes to do the remaining rooms in the house. The thing is, they have a limited amount left and I need to buy nearly 40 boxes before they are gone.


(new laminate that we have chosen)

It's dark brown, which is surprising considering I thought I would always want light floors. I brought samples home and when placed against the white trim and cream walls, it's beautiful!



We would like to get linoleum for the kitchen and bath (which looks very similar to the faux tile laminate we have in the foyer at only 1/2 the cost), and wood laminate for the rest of the house to get all of the floors in tip top shape...

So, that's why I'm calling this sale "FUND MY FLOORING, please!" and if you would like to do a bit of shopping, just click on THIS LINK to visit my junk sale page.


(vintage gold rimmed mug)


I'll be adding more items next weekend, too! :)



Have a blessed day,
Lana
~*~

p.s  If you'd like to help spread the word, I'd really appreciate it! If you blog about it, please use one of the photos in my post or from the Junk Sale page and link to this post and also add a link to my Junk Sale page. Let me know you have blogged it, and to thank you, I'll give you 10% off your Junk Sale order. :)

1 comment:

  1. your home sounds just beautiful. good luck
    on the 'junk' sale, i would hardly call those
    treasures 'junk!'

    ReplyDelete