Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Fog

I stepped out onto the back porch to feed the cats this morning,
and found I'd stepped into a magical world of fog and cobwebs.
I wanted to share the simple yet breath-taking beauty of our Creator's handiwork with you today:

Fog
Whiteness glimmers in
Dawn bends through the pane
Fog, soft as cobwebs
Clinging...
excerpt from Fog


...as if in a fog of feather-light
goosedown-silvery seed-thoughts
a rusty mind in its autumn
reviewed, renewed
its winged power.
excerpt from Seedtime
by Denise Levertov (1923-1997)



The last cobwebs
of fog in the
black firtrees are flakes
of white ash in the world's hearth.
excerpt from The Depths
by Denise Levertov (1923-1997)


I'm glad you stopped by to share Honesyuckle Lane's Simple Joys today.
God Bless,
Lana
~*~

14 comments:

  1. Lana, this is just a beautiful post! I could sit on your back porch and really enjoy this. Blessing to you, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos! And how appropriate!
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lane, your pictures are wonderful! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lana, thank you for sharing the FOG pictures. I've never seen anything like that in my life! Awesome!

    What a magical place you live.

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much ladies!
    I need to take more early morning photos, they seem to be so serene at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This pictures are absolutely amazing... totally breathtaking! I have never seen anything like that ever!

    If you give them to a picture magazine I´m shore they will publish theme... and in a picture contest you are a winner with this.

    Fantastic!

    Thank you so much for your sweet words and visit in my blog... I´m very glad you find me, so I find you!

    Hugs from Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely TN morning! Ahhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful Lana.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How timely and thoughtful. I like the 'wreath' in the top photo. Could be a great use for an old book not worth saving otherwise. Beautiful thoughts and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those are beautiful Lana! Your photos are always gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photos you posted are so hauntingly beautiful. Perfect done in black and white. I love hearing from you the other day,it's been way to long since we have visited, hasn't it?
    Take good care, dear Lana.
    CARole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Lana! The little wee beasties must have been busy spinning all night ;) My favorite is the clothesline picture~ those would make beautiful cards~ you take such gorgeous views. Hope all is well and you are getting all ready for the Holidays(can you believe it is here allready?!)
    xoxoxox rachael

    ReplyDelete