Friday, September 18, 2009

New Wreaths @ Simple Joys Paperie

I was so excited when I found a Norse-English dictionary a while back!
I knew exactly what I'd do with it ~ make a wreath!
This one is inspired by the Jeanne D'Arc Living magazines and all of the beautiful blogs that show light and airy Scandinavian decor. It's my first square wreath:

~*~
This one is made from an antique book called The Masquerader.
I thought it would be perfect for Halloween:


I have a few more wreaths to finish up and get listed on etsy. I also have a couple more that need their center medallions ~ these were special orders ~ and I got a bit behind while feeling under the weather and helping my youngest get his second year of college sorted out ~ among a few other things going on.
You may read more about the wreaths and see more photos at
Simple Joys Paperie.
I also have a few sets of pumpkins and two cats that need to be finished...
where, oh where, do the hours go?
~*~

5 comments:

  1. Your wreaths are so beautiful! Love that square design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that square design is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is so incredible and imaginative. I always love seeing the ways you repurpose old books! Stan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. Somehow the square one reminds me of a honeycomb... perhaps it is the transparency of the paper and how the light passes through it.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I am in love with these designs!

    ReplyDelete