Monday, February 29, 2016

Something New for Spring - Mohair Bunny


I've been trying to come up with something new for spring, and while going through my fabrics, I found this vintage mohair fabric. I bought it several years ago at a thrift store, but never made anything from it. I decided it was time to put it to use and make a little bunny rabbit.


My little bunny is inspired by antique Steiff rabbits and the little baby rabbits we took in a few years ago.




I tried making one with an under-body gusset, but that didn't turn out right, so I went with a simpler, two-sided pattern.


The body is made from a vintage mohair (upholstery quality) and the ears are made from recycled wool. The carrot is a vintage crushed velvet scrap and wool. And the big clover leaf is made from wool felt.


I've listed this one at Honeysuckle Lane, and hope to have more ready for the Early Work Mercantile update. 

Spring will be here before you know it! And I'm ready! How about you? :)

Blessings,
Lana



No comments:

Post a Comment