Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weigh-In Wednesday


Since I won't be sharing photos of myself but once a month or so, I was really at a loss of what to use to illustrate these posts! So I figured I could photograph something I've eaten or drank in the past week. Really exciting, huh? ;)


I try drinking lots of water.. shooting for a gallon a day but sometimes it's hard to guzzle down that much so I started adding flavor to it. Crystal Light has some great flavors, but often I go for the cheaper off brand. WalMart has a Great Value brand that I like: Peach Mango Green Tea. I put 2 packets in a quart of ice water and drink it as I'm working on things like this and this and most recently I'm working several hours a day on silk ribbon embroidery for the Lavender Festival.

I only walked 6 miles on the treadmill in the past week, but I did do some outside work in the yard as well --- like helping my husband drill post holes for our back yard fence. Let me tell you, just because it's gas powered and they say just stand there and hold the handles... it's hard work... especially when it doesn't want to drill into the ground. I was sore for days after I helped. Since I've been trying to get a lot done for the festival along with all the other daily chores, by the time I get supper finished and sit down in the evenings... I'm out like a light! For that reason, I'm going to try to get my walking done in the mornings now.

I'm still watching what I eat and keeping a basic count of calories. We live out in the country and can't run to the store every evening if we're out of something, so if I forgot to pick up a few extra things for my "diet" I just try to do with what I have on hand for a few days and watch the calories. Also, if I'm craving something.... which thankfully I don't normally crave sweets... I treat myself and just try to work extra hard to make up for it. I think if you do that, you are less likely to give in later and eat a plate full of whatever you are craving.

My weight loss for this week (from Wednesday to Wednesday) is only 2 lbs. but there again --- it's still a loss and not a gain. I don't find it a struggle as I've heard a lot of people say, because when I do what I should, I see results. It's just a matter of doing what I know I should be doing. Does that make sense?

I'd better get off the computer and get back to working on festival items. Thanks again for the comments and the personal email messages you have sent. It's very encouraging to hear your stories. :)

Take care and God bless,
Lana
~*~

You can see all the other Weigh-in Wednesday posts here.

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic Lana!!! I think I was meant to happen upon your posts today..:) THANK YOU and congratulations on another two pounds.

    hugs, doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY you Miss Lana!!

    And yes . . those post hole diggers are like fighting with an electric Sumo Wrestler!

    Ta,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, it is the direction that you are going that counts, not how fast you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read that every diet works-if you stick to it! I guess I just made up my mind that I will be on a diet the rest of my life!!!
    I'm so very happy for you, Lana-you're doing great....I'm pulling for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet girl!! You are so precious sharing your journey with us here...CONGRATULATIONS on your losses!! I need to do this so bad and totally overhaul myself! Thank you for sharing, you inspire me dear Lana, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome. I love seeing your weight loss. It really does amaze me. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lana -- I love those ribbon flowers. but when i saw you post about the flavored water I wanted to share this. I was at a reception for an anniversary recently and they had this wonderful watermelon water -- the hostess told me she finds all kinds of water recipes here

    ttp://www.myspawaterbook.com/blog

    I have used several variations myself - a favorite of mine is mint/lemon/and ginger.
    good luck on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete