Friday, May 29, 2009

handwrought Simple Joys

I thought I'd share a few sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. Items that are elaborately embroidered with silk ribbon are absolutely beautiful, however I haven't done too many fancy pieces. For some reason, I tend to gravitate towards the simple, pared down look ~ though you wouldn't think that when you visit my home! What you see are Simple Joys, nothing grand, but little things that bring a smile to my face and hopefully to yours.
There's not a lot to talk about today, and I should get back to work. I have coneflowers, beebalm, ferns, snowdrops, daisies, bleeding hearts, sunflowers, hummingbirds, honeybees, and dragonflies flowing from my fingers to the fabrics and I'd better work while they flow so freely!
These items (and many, many more) will be available in my booth at the Lavender Festival in Oak Ridge on June 20th.
~enjoy!~







~*~

11 comments:

  1. Most lovely.. I own a view pillows you've made ..and I love them each year!!!!

    Thanks for sharing..Deena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lana, your work is so absolutely beautiful. I must have known you had a blog, but this is my first visit and it is just a beautiful place to visit and get refreshed!!!! Thank you for bringing us so many beautiful things.

    My best to you, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana,
    Your blog, your photos and of course, your art-are very beautiful-it is a joy to visit you!
    Love, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how beautiful your silk ribbon embroidery is! I hope to make it to the festival, if my bad knee cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Lana! Coneflowers are my favorite and yours are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is always so beautiful to me Lana...thank you for sharing it with us! xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous. I saw you on Twitter this morning and wanted to have a peek at your blog. I love your avitar and it made me want to see your creations. Have a lovely day, nice to meet you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these Lana....I so wish I could be there this year with you at the Lavender Festival :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies!

    I wish you could be here too Suzanne. Jess is going to be gone and I will have NO HELP! yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are simply beautiful! I hope you will show some finished products:>)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for checking out my blog. Your work is sooo beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete