Sunday, April 19, 2009

May Day Baskets & some sweet surprises...


I love making paper whimsies of all sorts. For the past few years, I have made these paper baskets in the manner described by the Beard sisters in the 1880s ~ from the scalloped papers to the hand sewn sides and the ribbon handles. Please visit my website to see the paper baskets I finished up yesterday.



I'm also working on more of my May Dew Gathering Baskets, also based on a 19th century paper basket design, but with my original twist of adding the miniature apothecary jar, shredded paper, and labels.
~*~
I recently received some wonderful hand made items from a fellow blogger and a fellow Etsy seller. It's rainy right now and I can't get good pics, but I will share them with you tomorrow. Be sure to come back and see their wonderful creations!


Thanks for visiting and have a lovely Sunday!

~*~

7 comments:

  1. Lana, your May Baskets are always so lovely, and this year is no exception. I love the whimsical patterns you've chosen! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you, those are so lovely... I think that the color choices are awesome... Hugs, MO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Lovely Lovely - so sweet and simple and perfect.
    I always think of you as my Lovely Lana

    Always blessed
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking back on my blog for the ratio of humming bird food and I saw your comment.
    It has been a loong time since I've been by. Now~ to see what new simple joy's you have found!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baskets are always precious Lana~ I like this new round one....how stunning it would look with a prety boquet of paper flowers within! What you gonna put in the little apothecary? Have a wonderful week~
    xoxoxo rachael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you... popping in to say "Hi deee hooooo" Hugs, MO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lana ...I bought one of your little 'May Day' baskets last year! I treasure it! You can rest assured it will be on display the first of May!

    ReplyDelete