Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy May Day!

I ran across this photo and link on Ullabenulla's blog. She always has the most interesting things!
This charming vintage image (circa 1907) of 14 little girls, dressed in dainty white dresses, in field of full of daisies, dancing around a May Pole wrapped in strands of daisies will recall to many Tennyson's exquisite poem on the May Queen:
''You must wake and call me early, call me early, Mother dear;
Tomorrow 'll be the happiest day of all the glad new year.''
(In Europe, May begins the summer.)
~*~
Thank you to all that visited my site and purchased May Baskets and Mother's Day baskets and puzzle purses.
~*~
~Have a blessed day~
Lana

7 comments:

  1. Lana! I am so glad you like this photo too, I think its wonderful!!! I would soooo love to be one of those little girls... I love your mayday puzzle purses, very clever and oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana, how pretty! I have not visited Ullabenulla's blog...for shame, I know!
    I'll go there right now! :)

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely photo! Makes me want to go back in time...for a visit, at least!

    I hope that you had a lovely May Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lana,
    Thank-you for visiting Robin Sherwood frecklefarm. This is the most beautiful site.
    Loved to read about your sweet little hens and see the exquisite country side you live in. Your purses are charmimg. I would love to link and send visitors from Robin Sherwood frecklefarm your way. Would you like to link?
    best
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies...
    and yes, Robin, I'd love to exchange links!
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lana,

    Beautiful picture. I "tagged" you on my blog!

    Hugs,
    Carol
    http://raisedincotton.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I am so glad you found my blog,so I could see yours. So sorry you aren't feeling well. I had the same thing a couple of months ago.
    Your work is really good.
    I hope you sell a lot!
    Feel better,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete